Friday, March 2, 2012

Why I Write Down My Food...

If there's one thing I have learned in my many years as a dieter/attempted dieter, the thing that really takes the weight off for me is tracking what I eat. I learned this in Weight Watchers, but of course many other programs advocate it.

I have the ultimate love/hate relationship with it.

I don't know why.

I am a person that when I grab the reins on something, I go full bore (whatever that means). So I get the tracker all set up on my HTC Evo, and I set it up on my computer so that all of my favorite foods are in there and blablabla..........and then I lose steam and interest.

(Kind of like when Sonja and I would spend half the day getting our Barbies and their houses/vehicles ready, and then we would be done before story time. That, or the Brandon and Kelly 90210 dolls would start making out right off the bat and the drama was just too much to continue.  SO exhausting, those dolls)

Though tracking food can be challenging - mostly when I ate something I knew was not so good - one thing I LOVE more than just about anything is tracking my exercise. If I could just track exercise, I would be the happiest person on the planet. Here is my favorite page on the weight watchers tracking program:


courtesy of weightwatchers.com

This is the page where I get to put my exercise.

The OTHER page is where I have to put my food. Screw you other page! (at least today. Had two too many chicken hot dogs this morning. And they're not so good to begin with)

courtesy of weightwatchers.com

I think that anyone reading this and trying to lose weight needs to track - that is, if you can't trust your gut. What I mean is, do you truly know how to recognize when you are full, and if you can recognize that, do also stop when you recognize it? I don't. Which is why tracking is important for me.

I think tummy satisfaction discipline is an essential habit of the skinnies. It has always been an essential part of losing weight for me. You should do it too. It doesn't have to be electronic. Just get a little jumbo notebook or whatever the hell and keep track of what you eat! There's something about writing it down...I don't know...

This will be an ongoing subject.

Thoughts? Do you need to track?

~~~Annie

p.s. lots of cheesy font and style changes = so much win

p.p.s. I put "courtesy of weightwatchers.com" on the screenshots of my journal. Please don't sue me Weight Watchers.

p.p.p.s. I realize it's hard to read everything on the screenshots. That's on purpose folks. Unless I have the best day ever. Then I will supersize it. But still transitioning to a healthier diet, so there is some real shit in there. Also, I didn't put today's journal because I'm sort of embarrassed about it. Maybe I'll get over it and modify this post. It's really the hot dog thing. I don't like seeing that on my screen. HHOOOTTTT DDDOOOGGGSS!!!! *shaking fist at sky*



2 comments:

  1. Recent times when internet has so much gossiping and stuff, your content really refreshes me.our website

    ReplyDelete
  2. The deep you dig into the subject and give us the accurate data is appreciable.homeopathic hcg reviews

    ReplyDelete