Friday, February 24, 2012

Kinda blew it this morning

I had a bit of a mental breakdown this morning. My attitude wasn't really right from the beginning to be honest. My points begin at midnight because of my weirdass schedule, so I go midnight to midnight with my day. I was gunning for food at 12:05 at work (worked a 10:30 pm to 9:30 am shift), and put down 14 points of tuna noodle casserole right off the bat.

This would have been fine...except I didn't really stop there. For the next few hours (I really need to start knitting or something), I put down whatever, including a 100 calorie pack of cookies that I didn't need, a bunch of spoonfuls of strawberry ice cream that I didn't need, a spoonful of peanut butter that I didn't need, ummmm oh gosh I'm not even remembering. I need to journal it now!

brb.

Chaco Tacos are 11 POINTS!! You have got to be pulling on my leg! Oye. Rule number 1. Know the points or calories before you put it in your mouth. Many times it just isn't worth it.

Here it is guys. I made a screen shot of my journal for you:


I am allowed 41 points a day, and have used 50. I was just hunting for food. It was ridiculous you guys.

Alright...deep breath. I got this.

We were discussing stress eating at Weight Watchers on Tuesday. One thing that really stuck with me was that exercising will power is a sign of maturity. Just eating anything and everything willy nilly is a sign of immaturity. Cleary, this morning, I was exercising immaturity.

I am back in control as of about 9am this morning. I do have many flex points left for this week, so I am going to allow myself to eat some Friday night pizza this evening to the tune of about 14 points. This will not wreck my week!

<3 Annie




3 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up, you can't change the past, just count this as your "cheat day" and move on, learning from this experience.

    The question is, if you were eating because you were stressed, or if you were truly hungry. I see a little bit of protein in the peanut butter and the tuna casserole, and that's it. Not sure if you like nuts - favorite of mine is Kraft's (used to be South Beach Diet, they stopped paying the licensing fees) cashews/almonds/macadamia nut mix. That's my "snack" food, something I'll grab a handful of when I don't have time for breakfast. Try to reduce the carbs from your life - the bread/jelly/sweets. Your body is hooked on them and that's one reason why you're craving them. As you reduce your consumption, you'll be less hooked (and also you'll note how crappy you feel if/when you do eat some of them). Think of ice cream, eat some nuts (and drink your water). If you're still hungry, you're stress eating - then you need to figure out the source of that.

    Must also have willpower...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie, I'm proud of you. First for making this step and for having the courage to talk about it openly. But second for today's post. We all have these days. Just remember to count your points and take accountability for your actions. You are doing just that. I always say - one bad day didn't get me where I am and one bad day won't ruin your weight loss journey. Get back on the saddle again tomorrow and you will be a stronger person for it! Good luck.

      Delete
  2. I see you have Hyperboleandahalf.com open. Clearly laughing off weight counts for something so you didn't totally blow it.
    I agree that this doesn't destroy your week!
    Also, what if instead of eating something else when you're trying to resist eating something that you shouldn't, what if you just... don't eat. What if you were to distract yourself by doing something else... I don't necessarily know what. Just a thought I guess. Maybe the drink-a-big-glass-of-water trick?

    ReplyDelete