Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WOOT!

I weighed in on Tuesday at my 5:30 meeting. I lost 3.6 pounds last week! Even with the struggles I had with making excuses and so on, I still ate much better than I have been, and exercised about 4 times. That has so encouraged me!

I want to thank those of you who have taken the time to read my blog so far. Having the kind of accountability you provide (whether you comment or not) really makes a difference for me!

I'm going to make weekly progress reports based on how well I did at journaling, how well I did at exercising, and how many nutritional shakes I'm taking (really great for me and my whole digestive system), and finally, of course, pounds lost. I might go real crazy and do an inches lost thing too, because I know that how well a person isn't doing isn't always manifest in pounds lost.

Here is the progress I've made in my first full week of committing to weight loss:

Pounds lost: 3.6
Shakes taken: 4 (goal is 7)
Days exercised: 4 (goal is 4 or 5)
Days journaled: 5.5 (goal is 7)

Ooooo...pretty colors...that's new...

So it's a decent start! I used to force myself to go all in on day one, to change everything and not look back. Sometimes that works for me - like when I finally quit smoking. I just put them down and walked away one day. It's also what I did when I did Weight Watchers back in 2005. Just changed it all in one day (though I did not exercise immediately).

This time is different. I've tried and failed so many times doing the other method of just jumping off the cliff and hoping something sticks. This time, I'm allowing myself to blow it a couple of times - to not always reach my goals (like eating all the cheesecake on Friday, or getting Burger King unnecessarily on Saturday), but to get close and know that next week, I will improve!

This week, I feel really strongly that even if there is half a cheesecake in the fridge, I can eat one piece, instead of the whole thing. I can enjoy and not binge! I guess I will probably have to test that theory this week. I'm already testing it tonight. I've eaten 5 chocolate chip cookies since last nigh. That sounds like a lot, but I did have the points for them. There are 20 more cookies sitting out that I have not picked at. Will I have a couple more today? Maybe. But I'm not sitting down with the whole plate of them in front of the television (I'm ashamed to say, I've sunken that low before).

I already stayed within my points on day one of the new week! (my new journaling day starts on Tuesday morning). So here's to a great one!

<3 Annie (oooo Verdana italics...)

P.S. I'm still working on my post on journaling. I need to just finish it and post it. I've officially made it a bigger deal than it already is. Could use a few more of your thoughts!

ooooo highlighting........ 

6 comments:

  1. Woo HOo!! Congrats Annie! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Annie - an impressive end to week 1. You're on to something when you say journaling is the key. Dieticians and other fitness experts (that have no affiliation to Weight Watchers) drive home that fact. It's all about awareness. Unagi...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unagi. Isn't that a kind of sushi? no its a concept. yeah it is, it is, it's freshwater eel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unagi - referring to awareness. Have you not seen that Friends episode?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have you? That's only direct quote from the show! Sorry, I didn't describe who said which line...

      Delete
  5. DANGER!!! Ahhh salmon skin roll...

    ReplyDelete