Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Excuses?

I read my last couple of posts just now. Then I thought about what this post was going to be. Another one where I had the best of intentions, then still made bad choices and what's a girl to do...blablabla.

If there is one thing this blog has done...it has probably really not done much for others trying to lose because, well, I keep blowing it. But what it HAS done is helped me see my glaring issues with making excuses on an almost daily bases.

Why did I eat like crap? Ohhhh I was traveling aaaaaand the only thing within 27 miles was a Burger King aaaaannndd they were out of lettuce ssooooo I couldn't have a salad with lite dressing...I had to have the Whopper Jr and a value fry aaaannnndddd when we got home from the party at 4am, I just had to have ham...lots of ham.  Cuz I was, ya know, kind of intoxicated aaaaaaaaand my stomach required ham-munching!!!

Why didn't I exercise? Wellllll my feet were all stiff and I was all slow-motionally like Neo when he's dodging those bullets in the Matrix and I would've all like, um, fallen off of the elliptical and stuff and whatevs...


I wouldn't blame anyone for leaving me. But do not! I am not hopeless. I have lost 75 pounds before! I know I did it with Weight Watchers! I know I did it in spite of all of the same restaurants and all of the same traveling and all of the Oreos in my parent's cupboard that I didn't HAVE to eat!

Today, I did well. So I will weigh in tomorrow at Weight Watchers and report back. Because even though I did go over the top some of my days....and Saturday was a "breaking the beaker" kind of chemical explosion day on which I didn't journal (it was the only one I missed), I did, for the first time in a long time, think about every thing I put in my mouth, good or bad. And typed in almost all of it.

I have a great post on journaling your food and exercise planned. If anyone cares to share your secrets, how you keep yourself on task with it, or why you think it is important, comment! I might use some of your stuff.  I think journaling is the most important thing you can do to lose weight...just sayin'...or maybe it's just me.

G'night.

Annie

P.S. I did eat Five Guys for the first time ever. I only had a single burger, though I did add bacon, and I had a serving of fries. It was 29 points for the meal, but I journaled EVERY last point and did pretty well on Sunday all around...exercise and all. I highly recommend it :-)


P.P.S.

If you've ever played Apples to Apples, and you are an adult, and you take absolutely nothing too seriously....then Cards Against Humanity is the game for you. My cohorts and I laughed until we cried. You can buy it on Amazon or make it for FREE out of the PDF's they provide. Amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment