Saturday, February 25, 2012

Slowly Turning the Tide...

After my super-fail at work on Friday morning (oh yeah...add a bag of PB M&M's to the already gargantuan list), I was determined to get it right last night!

I march into work. I am armed with grapes, exactly 8 tortilla chips for my salty tooth, exactly 3 Oreos for my sweet tooth, a cup of chili, a grapefruit, cauliflower... I was SO ready!

My co-worker offered me Russian food. It looked weird so I knew that wouldn't be a problem (I am super cultural you guys). Then, before she leaves, she pulls out of the fridge a no-bake cheesecake with cherries on top!

RED LIGHT FOOD! Stop! Do not pass go! Do not collect 200 dollars! This is not good.

She had some of it, a few of the ladies had some of it, and she said to yours truly...here ya go! Have a piece. There was still like 4 servings in there! I was like, no I will not I will be good and not even touch it okay maybe one little slice okay i need to shave off the edges okay it's 3am and mmm that looks good...........

And it was gone. Gone like the wind. 24 points, down the hatch.

Luckily it was one of those Jello ones that are only 6 points a serving.

I glumly eat my chili, grapes, and everything else I brought. Journal the massacre as I stare at the empty pie pan. And then...I had a Rocky-on-the-steps moment and decided I would NOT let cheesecake beat me! I came home, I went hardcore on the elliptical for 35 minutes for 10 activity points...and now I'm getting ready for a nap so I can drink the rest of my points later (something I rarely do). Teehee.

In the end, was it worth it? No. I could've had 2 shamrock shakes for that many points! But it takes more than a day to turn the whole ship of bad decisions around. I wish I had just made a clean break from all of the crap, but just because I haven't, doesn't mean I am going to give up!!

I got this.

~~Annie

1 comment:

  1. Do you look up the points before eating? I sometimes write the values on the boxes so I'm more aware of what I eat. You have a smart phone, I'm sure that makes it easier to do.
    Speaking of being aware, have you ever tried mindful eating? google it. there are a not of articles on it. It helps slow you down so you fully enjoy the food and end up eating less. When I eat, I shovel. mindful eating helps me a lot. I'm really bad at remembering to do it, but when I do, it's a good thing. If you're in a busy environment its hard, so at least try to savor every bite. good luck!!

    ReplyDelete