Thursday, February 23, 2012

I am bored

Not bored with my blog. Bored at work. I enjoy what I do - I serve women with disabilities on overnights at a 6 person group home - but there is a point where the cleaning is done and rounds are not for another hour and I don't have anything to do. And there is a fridge. Full of leftovers. Or snackies. Like cheesecake. Or regular cake.

I'm telling you all of this because there is ice cream that is calling my name right now. I thought instead of eating it, I would blog until I got over it.

Just kidding. That would be the longest blog post ever.

I've thought of different ways to keep myself from eating those things. I've even gone so far as to ban myself from the kitchen entirely. Unfortunately, being in the kitchen is part of my job.

I need advice guys! I'm pondering bringing cut veggies that I must force myself to grab when I want the bad food. Yet I'm concerned that I will be able to very adeptly talk myself out of the veggies and into something that will put me into a sugar coma...

Gah.

2 comments:

  1. At my work, the accounting ladies in the next cubicles over have candy dishes. I have to be good and not touch the stuff, even if I'm tired or having a crappy day. Don't want/need those extra calories.

    Are you drinking enough water? Every time I'm tempted I take a long swig (drink 3L a day, although 1L is pre/during/post-workout). Also have to figure out how to listen to your body... is it need or want? I have found that there's no substitute for protein (greek yogurt, lowfat cheese, nuts) if I'm truly hungry. Also am sure to have raw carrots/celery/broccoli if I need something... "crunchy".

    It's not the end-all if you do end up splurging once in awhile, but it doesn't help you reach your weight goal. Still think you should visualize the outfit you'd like to wear in Vegas, and think of that when you're tempted...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i find it near impossible to say no to food in front of me. I can usually put it off for a while, but i always give in eventually. I bring carrots and other veggies to work and that helps me feel full. I also eat a low-fat yogurt every day which helps with the dairy/protein cravings.
    Lately i've been forcing myself to have tea when I'm munchy, and that helps a lot. I have a variety back which helps when i have different cravings - salty vs sweet etc. Also a cup each of black and green tea a day helps the metabolism.
    Are you doing weight watchers still? make sure you track your food and points!! I have a goal to reserve enough points throughout the day so that I can have a treat at the end of the day. if there aren't enough points left over - no treat!
    To comment on Robert's post - instead of thinking of your vegas outfit - bring it with you. bring an old smaller bathing suit you'd like to fit in again. not always an easy thing to do, but it works. hang your skinnier clothes on the wall at home and near the treadmill and even on the fridge. You could tighten your belt a little more so that you're uncomfortable (but not in pain) and if you're uncomfy, you won't want that ice cream anymore.
    Anywho - thanks for your blog and posts. it's motivating me as well. I finally went to yoga today and it felt great!
    ps - call me soon, we need to catch up

    ReplyDelete